Qing Ming 2007

/ Monday, April 02, 2007 /
The 一年一度 annual family event, Qing Ming Festival, just took place yesterday.
Many folks woke up as early as 3 am in the morning to prepare setting off to their ancestors' tombs.

Yeah, I didn't I admit. But but but I still woke up at 5 am ok! Though I delayed everyone from setting off at around 6, we still had to wait for the relatives at the Malaysia side after we reached. So blehhhh not my bad.

While waiting, we had a nicee~ authentic breakfast at an authentic Malaysia coffeeshop there. You know you can never find such authentic taste in Singapore.

After all arrived, we drove another 15 minutes to the cemetery only to find out that the people who woke up at 3 am have already jammed up that place! Therefore, many impatient drivers cut queue by travelling on the opposite direction side of the road happily. Then, ☞ GOTCHA!!! YOU! CANNOT GO INTO THE CEMETARY! Says the traffic policemen, stopping them just before the entrance. So it became us who drove happily in when he signalled us to.



When we got there,

IT'S WORKING TIME!!!




Qing Ming'07 - Cemetery




Qing Ming'07 - Grandparents' tomb




Qing Ming'07 - Placing the offerings




Qing Ming'07 - Placing the charm papers




Qing Ming'07 - Lighting the candles




Qing Ming'07 - Paper Mercedes Benz




Qing Ming'07 - Holding umbrella praying for rain to stop




Qing Ming'07 - ★ Group 155 in action ★
(Obviously referring to our heights' average)




Qing Ming'07 - Preparing to burn joss paper and paper offerings




Qing Ming'07 - Pray pray pray, may my grandparents receive them




And this time round, I did something really different from the past years.



Inspired by Jiayi and Tak Yee's colleague,

I TOOK 大头照 (BIG HEAD SHOT) OF

EVERYONE PRESENT!




Accordance to my father's side hierarchical order...




My Biggest Aunt's Family










My Family












My Second Uncle's Family












My Third Uncle's Family














My Fourth Uncle





My Fifth Uncle





My Sixth Uncle




My Youngest Aunt





Hehehe ☺☺☺ Aren't they cute! Esp the parents taking such act cute shots.
CUTE CUTE CUTEEEEEEEEE.

Har? Why didn't I take myself?
Have you had not enough of my BARBIE PIC???! ☺☺☺



Till next post CIAO!

2 comments:

{ Lionel Low } on: 4/03/2007 1:10 PM said...

Veryyyy nice photos!!!!

Very nice event too. I grow till so old already still no qing ming. haha.. well, i can't go anyway. haha..

I think you no need buy better cameras anyway. haha.. you've got yourself a great one there already.

*winkZ*

Anonymous on: 4/04/2007 8:31 AM said...

Hehe. Not my camera, it's my bro's. CANON ROCKS. Olympus baby crying already.. I go sayang sayang.

Post a Comment

 
Sandee* © 2011
Powered by Blogger