1ST DAY OF YR 3

/ Tuesday, May 31, 2005 /
Today is my first day of modules for year 3. Woke up super early at 6 am but the bed did not let me get up. Finally after much bed fight, I got up to prepare at 6.15 am. Normally the bed will win the fight and cause my infamous lateness records, but today I got this super power just like any other first days of the fresh new years.

Dear bed, I know you are doing this for my goodness, I know you care a lot for my super little amount of sleep this past year. Nobody else misses me as much as you do when I was all alone doing work throughout the nights. Nobody else can provide me with the much sought after energy I yearn so much for, except you. I know you really wanna spend more time with me, to the extent of bearing with my sweat and smell when I did not bathe. It has been ages since I last dressed you neatly, and you have been so understanding about this without a single complaint. It is not my wish to fight with you at all. The more I fight, the more tired I'll become. I promise you I'll keep you company whenever I have the chance. Please be there for me always.

And so, I reached school at 8 am sharp. Our first lesson was Interactive Design. Ms Ng brought this interactive Stitch plush toy to show and explain to us about interactivity. It was darn interesting. I have always found Stitch very cute and today I could talk to it! Like when I said,

"Tell a joke." It will say,

"Knock knock!" And I'm supposed to say,

"Who's there?" And so on and so for. There is actually a list of conversations on a card hung on its ear. All I have to do is to choose and say out clearly the lines to it, and expect his cute responses. Then Ms Ng showed us a video clip about this group of people doing interactive projects like, a pot of dried long grasses sway according to whether the elevator is moving upwards or downwards.

*Brrr*

Imagine you alight the lift at your destination level and see a pot of plant outside the lift moves by itself although you are at an enclosed area without any movement in the air. Freaking lor. Clever in terms of technology, but what purpose does it serve man.

Mr Choong announced after the lesson that we have to start doing our portfolio pieces for our graduation show now. Right now! Goddess. I'm really graduating soon. What the heck can I show in my portfolio man. He said there will be a presentation of our portfolio at the end of this semester and they will grade our stuff with the emphasis on interactivity. We must have a personal website to showcase our works too. Again, it must be interactive. I'm beginning to be sick of this word seriously. Grrr. Maybe I'll showcase my blog to them as my personal website la, then I'll bombard my blog with yellow entries and maybe they'll start the interactivity themselves wahaha.

After that, Esme, Tak Yee and I went for our combined Marketing lecture with SIT people. There are a total of around 10 fellow cohort-mates taking this, that is why we have to join the SIT 200 plus people. I felt like an ant at first, but we later found out these 200 plus people are actually only year ones. DUH. A bit the insulted can. Which means, I'm like 5 years older than most of them. I understand how Marcus is feeling that moment. But it is always not that bad for an older guy joining younger girls, than an older girl joining younger boys, you get my meaning?

It was an overall, a 1 hour needless-to-attend lecture. The lecturer was reading from the notes, an ability which I can do myself. But she enlightened me with new ways of pronouncing some of the household words like Trans Action as in transaction, Samsoong as in Samsung, etc. She even asked us to highlight the parts as unnecessary as like those in this sentence. Pengz.

We went to our respective tutorial rooms for another hour of Marketing tutorial straight after that lecture. The 10 of us were splitted up and joined the 3 tutorial classes. My tutor, to my relief, is quite a nice lady. She is natural, though a bit unconcerned of her own image. We were made to give a brief introduction of ourselves. Oh alright, I thought, I shall relive my first year and act like one since the tutor was like ignorant about the fact that the three of us are actually year threes. To my jaw dropping surprise, a few of the year ones got their current SIT diploma course which they had put as their NINTH choice! Is it that they just are so ignorant about their standards, or they know their standards so bloody well that they wanna appreciate MOE's effort and money for printing those extra boxes for them to fill in?

Anyway, after this, my NETS project group mates met to discuss, hopefully, the last time before presentation. Tak Yee and I were damn tired by then. Furthermore, she has gotten this Gastral Intestinal Infection (yay, one new term learnt, courtesy of Jasparina) and it caused her occasional pains. But she is now happily buying her new handphone at Orchard with her family. Not such a bad day for her after all huh.

Okay, that's all for the day~ Tired already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sandee* © 2011
Powered by Blogger