I AM FULL OF ENVY!!!

/ Thursday, May 19, 2005 /
I saw two great artists at work today in school.

Weng Heng was still at his road safety project refinement, and I saw his ongoing Illustrator masterpiece. Breathtaking. I just stood behind him observing the tones he has done for the graphics. I did not realise I was not making any noise. I guess I must be behaving quite sneakily since he did not know I was behind him all along.

The longer I observe, the nicer those graphics become. I could not help it anymore. I just wanted to see clearer! I dragged a chair, charged towards his right side and sat down. I did not even ask or look at him. My eyes were fixed on the monitor screen. By the time I settled down in that seat, my hands were supporting my chin and I think I was nearer to the screen than Weng Heng himself.

"Hey, how's your project going about?" He finally asked. I think he has got a slight shock of what I have done.

Oh ya! I suddenly remembered I have got a group discussion going on. I turned around and glanced at my 3 members, where they were just less than a metre away from me. They were very concentrated in their discussion.

"We now then start to discuss our application lor." I turned back to reply, to the monitor physically, because I looked at the graphics instead of him.

"Oh, your project comprises of doing out an application?" He asked.

"Yalor."

I continued studying each and every detail of those graphics. I must try it out. I must try it out. I must try it out. I must try it out. I must try it out. I must try it out. I must try it out. I must try it out.

I! MUST! TRY! IT! OUT!!!



Later in the day, I spotted Alex sketching something. My curiosity can certainly kill a dinosaur. I charged towards his left side and started my staring-in-action again. Sounds very senile I know. He was coloring his cheena dragon on his sketch book with his rich collection of copic markers. This is even more '!!!' than what Weng Heng has done. I'm not trying to say he is better than Weng Heng. I mean I could see stroke by stroke how the masterpiece is created manually! Only creative people will appreciate all these. Common people may take a second look or a third one sometimes, but they will not stare as hard as how I did today.

"Is this for tattoo?" I asked.

"Yes. Eh? How you know?" He replied. Smugged with my correct question asked, I said,

"Of course I know. You are drawing a dragon ma."

"Why do you think it must be for tattoo leh?" He asked.

"Dragon leh, not your style leh. You don't normally draw dragons." I explained as if I've known him for ten years.

He nodded in an extreme agreeing style,

"Ya. These are to be sold to my friend who opens a tattoo shop. Good money leh. $XXX per piece. I've sold two already. Wahaha." WTF! That is a lot lor. I better don't reveal the actual price, but I can tell you it is a 3 digits sum.

"Wa, good money really. But your works are worthy of that value." I praised him sincerely. Really envious of this guy now. If you calculate, he is earning at the speed of XXXX $/mth. I want I want! When will I start earning a living on my design skills? Attachment? Like 450 $/mth? Yucks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Sandee* © 2011
Powered by Blogger